Bumble Bee's Craft Den

I enjoy crafting and like to try my hand at different things. If there is anything that you see on here that you would like made, please feel free to contact me bumblebeescraftden@gmail.com or by going to my page on Facebook www.facebook.com/bumblebeescraftden. You can post on the wall or send me a message there. I appreciate any comments that people leave so please feel free to comment!!!

Monday 4 July 2011

Birthday Tea!!

It was my birthday on Saturday and I had a lovely day.  I received some nice gifts from my family and a gorgeous bouquet of flowers from a friend which were delivered on the day.

Here are the flowers - they were gorgeous

My 2 nieces made me a card each - I think the 3 year old had a little help though!!  Here are their cards

This is from Issy who is nearly 10 - she has got really good at making cards, I think it's brilliant!


and this is from Lily aged 3

I also received a lovely card and a Survival Kit from Caroline over at Caroline's Crafty Corner. I was really touched to receive it and the survival kit is brilliant and alot of thought went into it.  Thank you Caroline - hope you got my email!!!

Here is Caroline's card
and the lovely Survival Kit which was wrapped up in red tissue paper  

 with a lovely worded tag on it

Isn't it fab!!!!

I decided to have a little teaparty in the late afternoon so I got up and baked some fresh scones

and my sister made a lovely Victoria Sandwich with buttercream and strawberries on the top to finish it off



and some cupcakes with homemade lemon curd piped inside of them and lemon icing drizzled over them


I made the little flags to decorate each cake!!

Here was my little table of food


I also made up some Pimms to wash it all down!

I was really pleased with how it all come out and my family seemed to enjoy it as well which made it worthwhile.  We were able to take our plates out to sit in the garden even though it was a little overcast!!!

Later in the evening - my friend Rhian picked me up and we went to her house and cracked open a bottle of champagne!  What a perfect ending to my birthday!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Wow love your photos looks like a fab day and that survival kit is fab!
    Dazie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. soudns like you had a fab day Angie :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. soudns like you had a fab day Angie :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good time was had by all!!! Love the survival kit xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what beautiful flowers. Belated Happy Birthday, it looks and sounds like you had a fab time. Your cupcakes look lush -mmmmm pity I'm dieting :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you had a great birthday, the birthday tea looks scrummie. fab survival kit :)!! Got your email and will reply xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. how scrummy!! lovely flowers
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Found this post interesting??? I'd love to read your comments!!!