Bumble Bee's Craft Den

I enjoy crafting and like to try my hand at different things. If there is anything that you see on here that you would like made, please feel free to contact me bumblebeescraftden@gmail.com or by going to my page on Facebook www.facebook.com/bumblebeescraftden. You can post on the wall or send me a message there. I appreciate any comments that people leave so please feel free to comment!!!

Thursday 26 May 2016

Reindeer Treat Box Using Stampin Up's Petite Purse Die

Wow another post from me!!!  I am doing well this week!   I bought Stampin Up's Petite Purse die last year secondhand after having it on my 'want' list for ages.  I then didn't use it as I went off to Goa but I had cut out one purse and assembled it and it has been sat looking at me for ages.  Anyway, I have been trying to think of other ways to use this die and this is the first use I have come up with - a reindeer treat box (I know, Christmas is a long way off!!). 

I didn't follow anyone else's tutorial for this but if you look online, there are some other different ways that people have used this die to make reindeers - just go with whatever tools, punches etc that you have and see what you come up with!

These are the bits that I used to make my treat box.  I initially used small black circles for the pupils of the eyes but thought it would look better with a larger circle - this pic shows the smaller circles.
I used

a circle punch for the nose and stickles to make it sparkle. 
antlers are made from a Tim Holtz Tattered Leaves die
eyes were from the Stampin Up Owl Builder punch
ears are the wings from the Stampin Up Bird Builder punch (I shaped them around the barrel of a pen)

The mouth was more of a challenge as I didn't have a punch  suitable for this so I cut a 1 inch circle and then used a smaller circle punch to cut into it to give me a basic shape with I then trimmed into the mouth shape.  I cut an extra back piece of the purse as well so that I could stick it over the back of the assembled purse to hide the antlers which I had stuck to the back.


With the smaller pupils my reindeer looked like this:  Alittle surprised looking!


I prefer this look





The eye size makes alot of difference doesn't it!

These could be used for a little gift box or with a handle fixed around the back of the antlers to hang on your Christmas tree with a chocolate treat in.

If you have any questions just leave me a comment and I will try to help :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Found this post interesting??? I'd love to read your comments!!!